Friday, May 10, 2013

Millie & Al's

Millie & Al's
2440 18th St NW (Adams Morgan)

GOOD

Many people would say that Millie & Al’s is a dive bar. I would say yes it is somewhat of a dive bar but it is more of a home town bar.  You can find locals there early in the evening and the bartenders have been there for years.  The people who work there definitely know the town and the regulars especially since Millie & Al’s has been around for 50 years.  I made it a priority to go and celebrate their 50th anniversary and while I was there ordered some wings. 

 I decided to order a dozen hot wings.  When they came out I waited just a minute or two to let them cool off because they were piping hot and Mark G. can confirm that this is a true fact.  As I started to dig into the wings the first thing I noticed was the crispy outside and flavorful hot sauce.  The wings had a semi-breaded texture but not over bearing. You could see some red pepper flakes in the sauce and I liked how the sauce coated the wings and didn’t puddle much on the plate.  The wings were small in size but big on flavor.  I would go back for these any day.  The wings were served with celery and blue cheese dressing on the side.  I am sure if you like ranch you could. Overall I was very pleased with the wings at Millie & Al’s and look forward trying their other flavors. 

No comments: