Thursday, May 2, 2013

Kramer Books & Afterwords Cafe & Grill

Kramers
1517 Connecticut Ave NW (Dupont Circle)

NEVER AGAIN

I went out to Kramer books with Katie and Elsbeth for my birthday and Elsbeth wanted to split an order of the wings on the menu for an appetizer.  She has ordered them before and decided that since we were there and I love wings so much why not.  In the past when she had ordered them she said they were really good so we were both looking forward to them!  When the wings came out we were greatly disappointed to see that there were 5 wings on the plate that were also small itty bitty wings, sad sad sad.  Who serves 5 wings for an appetizer that are also tiny?  This was a regular appetizer and not a small plates order.  The price was not cheap for getting only 5 wings.   

Elsbeth did not recall the amount being that small the last time she ordered them and also recalled the wings being much tastier the first time she got them. These wings are oven cooked so the skin on the wings is not crispy.  I am okay with not crispy skin when they are cooked well but definitely prefer a crispy wing over not crispy.  The flavor of the wings was still good with a mix of pepper and spices to give it some heat and blend of flavors.   The plate had a smear of hot sauce around the wings which you could drag one of your 5 wings through if you wanted to add some heat to one of the few wings provided. I would not get these again because I find them to be a total rip off for chicken wings which are typically such a cheap eat and these were skimped on big time at Kramer Books. The flavor and cook style of these wings does not make up for the price and small amount severed.

2 comments:

LNJ47 said...

The celery even looks ratty. Womp womp. I hear such great things about Kramers otherwise.

AngieG said...

right it was brown :(

but I have to say my tuna salad I ordered later was AMAZING as usual.