Friday, January 11, 2013

Wing Stop

Wing Stop- website
Rockville,MD


So I definitely am a sucker to go and eat at chain wing places.  The reason is if you are a chain I would assume that your wings should be the same at every place.  Many people have raved about Wing Stop.  I am going to tell them they can STOP raving about Wing Stop because their wings really sucked when I went.  Also, the guy working the counter lied about the wings.  One thing you don’t want to do when selling to a customer is lie.  If your wings in the back are small just be truthful, all it means is I will buy more.  If you go in the back and pull the biggest wing out and tell me, “we have very large wings, they are filling and you won’t need many to eat” that is just a lie and when I receive my basket of little wings and walk away hungry I will not be happy. Wing Stop has a variety of flavors of wings.  When I went with Percy we decided to get these four:

1. Garlic Parmesan (wing on top)- This wing was a total surprise when it came out.  Most Garlic Parmesan wings are a wet wing with a garlicy sauce on top.  These wings were dry with a parmesan crust.  They were not heavy flavored in garlic but you could definitely taste and see the parmesan on the wings.  The wings were crispy and semi decent.  I would have to say these were semi-decent and enjoyable but I do wish there was more of a garlic flavor since they are called “garlic” parmesan wings and not just “parmesan” wings.  FAIR
 

2.       Original (wing on bottom)- When the wings came out they were served in a basket and were not the jumbo sized wings that were originally promised and shown to us raw.  They were quite small in size but smelled pretty good.  The sauce on these wings was a typical hot sauce with a sting of vinegar that chased up your nose.  These were not to hot that it left your mouth burning.  These wings were also breaded so it helps to cut down on the heat of the sauce making it not so powerful and more compatible for people who don’t like spicy food.  FAIR



3.       Lemon Pepper (wing on top)- If there is one flavor on a menu that always intrigues me and seems to be pleasantly surprising it is usually a lemon pepper flavor.  I however was not so pleasantly surprised with these lemon pepper wings.  Percy on the other hand really liked these wings and found them to be his favorite of the four we ate.  I found the flavor to be too intense and overpowering.  The lemon flavor was fake tasting and the pepper was not there.  I tasted more salt than anything else on these wings.  The basket had a lot of grease at the bottom but the wings did have a nice crisp to them.  I have to say the very salty flavor was a turn off along with the greasy basket.  I wanted there to be more pepper flavor and not so much lemon salt lick. NEVER AGAIN


4. Louisiana Rub (wing on bottom)- When I saw this flavor as an option I was very excited to see what Wing Stop had created.  When the basket arrived I was very disappointed. The wings were extremely greasy and there was a pool of grease in the bottom of the basket that the poor wings were swimming in.  The wings themselves should have been named naked wings because there was no flavor.  Literally no flavor at all, not even the flavor of chicken, which can happen from frying up frozen nasty wings.  The only thing this wing had going for it was the skin on the outside was very crispy.  If the wing had some sort of flavor and less grease in the basket it may have been half decent.  NEVER AGAIN

Though I did not give one wing a GOOD or EXCELLENT review I have not written this place off just yet.  They have many other flavors too try, that of which I want to do.  Also, sometimes it does depend on who is cooking the wings at the time.  Maybe the guy in the back left the wings in the fryer to long or just didn’t drain them enough before putting them into the baskets.  A pool of grease in the baskets is a real appetite killer and all wing cooks should make sure to try and avoid that while still making the wings nice and crispy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wing Stop, best wings in Rockville!!!!!!!!!