Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Miller’s Ale House


Miller's Ale House- website
Rockville, MD

FAIR

If there was one spot I said was ideal for watching games and sitting in a large booth I would say it was Miller’s Ale House out in Rockville.  The booths there can sit 8 people and you can watch almost any game you want with a bazillion TV’s all around.  It is an ideal location in the ‘burbs for watching sports, drinking beer and enjoying some time with friends.  The service on the other hand is a little off and they need to work on it.  I have been multiple occasions and every time the servers are slow, drinks at the bar are behind and orders are incorrect.  At this point in the game you cannot say it is because the establishment is new, they should have their shit together by now.  The first time I went to Miller’s Ale House I definitely made sure to order the wings. 

They have multiple options at Miller’s for wings and I decided to order the 10 Hot wings.  When the wings came out I first noticed they were a decent size wing. I bit into the wing and the meat was tender and juicy, not overdone and dried out.  The sauce that made up the “hot” sauce for these wings was slightly spicy but definitely not overwhelming and not enough to be considered hot. (I guess they save all their heat for the Mt. St. Helen wing sauce) I was expecting to need celery and blue cheese or ranch dressing to cool my mouth off after the first wing and this was not the case.  The sauce on the wings was watery and would have been more ideal if it was thicker so it would stay on the wings.  A thicker sauce with more flavor would resemble a sriracha sauce. I would get the wings again but would like to try the other flavors they offer here: Mild, Medium, Hot, Garlic, Mt. St. Helens, BBQ, Teriyaki, Sweet Thai Chili, Honey Mustard, and Jamaican Jerk.  I would skip trying the Mild and Medium wing because that just doesn’t seem worth my time but the others will be wings I will try next, maybe when service improves some too.  FAIR

 

No comments: