Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers: website
Rockville, MD location
EXCELLENT

I seem to think there are endless amounts of restaurants in DC.  So what did I do, I went to a place in Rockville that you can also go to in DC. I have never been to Founding Farmers in DC but I have heard the two have similar menus except for a few different plates they both have on their menus.  When I went to Rockville I was for sure going to have to try their wings since they offer one wing flavor and they sounded very tasty and different.  The flavor of the wings on the menu was oven roasted cracked black pepper.  When these wings came out I first thought I was not going to like them at all.  I thought they were going to be sticky and sweet and not appetizing.  I was very wrong as I started to eat them they really won me over.  The wings came out and were served with a lime slice on the side.  I tried my first wing with no lime and it was covered in a sticky sauce but also the skin was nice and crisp.  There is a hint of cracked black pepper in the sauce not to add spice but to add flavor to the wings.  The crispy outside is perfectly cooked and also covered in a caramelized type sticky sauce probably from the oven roasting.    When I ate my second wing and added the lime the acid flavor was an excellent layer of with the sweet, pepper and acid tang from the lime.  The combination of all these flavors together over a perfectly cooked wing with excellent crispy skin made these wings very delicious.  I would recommend trying these wings and I am definitely down for getting them on any night. EXCELLENT

No comments: