Monday, September 24, 2012

Abigail's Restaurant

Abigail's Restaurant- website

GOOD/EXCELLENT
291 3rd Street  Cambridge, MA

I know this blog is about wings in the Washington metropolitan area but sometimes I leave and tend to get wings in other areas too.  When I went to Boston with Allison K. we arrived around 8:00pm and decided to grab a bite to eat in Cambridge.  Little did we know when we asked to sit down at the outdoor seating area that we were going to be accosted about ordering food.  For those from out of town, like ourselves, there is a wacky law that says you must order food if you are drinking on an outdoor patio at a restaurant.  Whatever, totally wacky… but the way the hostess worded the “law” to us it made it sound like we had to order a large entrée when in reality you could order a bowl of peanuts and be fine.  In the end everyone knows I was going to order the wings if there were any on the menu and of course there were!  The wings at Abigail’s are labeled on the menu as, “Crispy Fried Thai Wings with aromatic herbs.”  These wings were definitely a Thai flavor with the combination of spices and herbs and they had fresh large basil leaves wilted over the wings.  I would not necessarily call them “crispy” wings.  The wings were large and meaty and very flavorful.  For a different and unique style wing these were pretty good and almost excellent if they were served crispy.    The wings are also served with fresh lime on the side you can squirt over the wings to add a fresh citrus flavor with the Thai herbs and blend.  If I ever find myself in Cambridge again I would definitely go back to Abigail’s to get their wings.  I also had a side salad of heart of palm which was amazing.  So I assume their other food must be delicious.  GOOD/EXCELLENT


No comments: