Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cleveland Park Bar & Grill

3421 Connecticut Ave NW

FAIR

I was very surprised when I came here for happy hour and some wings before the showing of The Dark Knight Rises to find that I had never had the wings at this bar before.  I have been here a number of times and can’t believe I have left without trying the wings.  I wasn’t going to let that catastrophe happen again.  I started my meal with a whiskey diet and an order of buffalo wings, the usual.  Cleveland Park Bar & Grill only offers one type of wing, buffalo.  When the wings came I have to say, they smelled awesome.  The entire table could smell the spicy hot sauce and vinegar that was making up the buffalo sauce all over the plate.  Sad to say the smell of the dish was the best part.  The sauce was way too watery and made the wings soggy.  If the sauce was thicker it would have allowed the wings to keep some of their crisp.  The amount of wings provided was definitely a decent helping so the bar did not jip you on the amount of food provided but they should improve their sauce. The sauce was so watery it made a pool on the bottom of the plate which was really unappetizing. I would not look to go out of my way to order these wings again, but they were not so unruly that I didn’t finish my plate!  FAIR

No comments: