Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hill Country


 410 7th St NW

 After a long night out in Chinatown Rob S. decided he wanted to head over to Hill Country.  He seems to be obsessed with this place lately and I am a huge fan of BBQ and like country music so I decided, why not?  As you walk in the doors you are hit in the face with the beautiful smoky sweet smell of slow cooking barbecue that makes your mouth water instantly. We headed down stairs where the live band was playing and ordered a pitcher of beer which we drank from our cozy mason jars.  Cristi’s husband decided he would order up a shit ton of wings and when I say shit ton it latterly was.  I think when the wings came to the table it was probably enough to serve 20 people and there was only 6 of us there.  When they told me to eat up and have some wings I didn’t think twice and made sure I got down and dirty with Hill Countries smoky wings.  The wings at Hill Country are pretty freakin good if you like a smoky taste.  They are smoked and have a slight spice that hits you after you bite into them.  The spice lingers a little and gets stronger as you eat more.  The skin is not crispy due to the wings being smoked but the overall tender meat and excellent flavor of these wings makes up for the texture of the skin.  I would definitely get these wings again but would also like to try their barbeque products they have. EXCELLENT

4 comments:

Cristi said...

haha love the review! On point! Their wings are really good. Definitely would go back to Hill Country.

Moris said...

Great review! The wings are good and I would definitely go back.

Unknown said...

go on a Monday for their $20 all you can eat... totally worth it.

Unknown said...

Good description, I can almost taste that smokey wing.