Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Capitol Lounge

FAIR/GOOD

If there is one thing I love it is a good wing special.  On Tuesday nights Capitol Lounge offers $.25 wings all night.  The catch with their special is there is a ten wing minimum and you must purchase two drinks.  I did get in an argument with the establishment just about one year ago when I went with some bocce players after a game.  We had ordered all sorts of food and two of us, obviously I was one of the two, wanted the wing special.  I however was not drinking that night but they would not give me the wing special even though everyone else had ordered other drinks and plenty of food.  I find this to be an issue when their menu can encourage drinking.  It wasn’t as if we had not ordered plenty of other alcoholic drinks or other food items to increase the bill, since that is the main reason for the two drink minimum purchase.  I did however go back to the bar, a year later, to meet up with George E and Katie G.  They live close by and have said the wings are decent so I figured I had to at least try them and this night I was going to be having some drinks.  We decided to get a heaping plate full of wings to split between the 3 of us and it turned out be a great idea. Capitol Lounge offers one type of wing which is a classic wing tossed in buffalo sauce.  When the wings came out they were a decent size and the sauce that covered the wings was a nice flavor and not too spicy.  It was a good heat that allowed you to taste the buffalo sauce and continue to eat a shit ton… the perfect heat level if you wanted to eat wings for a full football game and still feel your lips after the game was over.

                                                    
The first batch of wings we ordered had some hot (temperature) wings but also some cold ones mixed in.  I have encountered cold wings being served before when an establishment is hosting its wing night.  Sometimes when they are producing their wings in such high volume they have some sit in the back and they are not as hot as they would be if you ordered them on a regular non-wing special night.  I will admit when we ordered our second round of heaping wings they were definitely hotter and fresh from the cooker.  Some of the wings were a little soggy but that could have been due to the massive amounts of wings they were making in the back.  There were some that had a good crisp to the outside which was awesome but these wings were inconsistent.  If they were all hot, spicy and crispy they would have all received a GOOD rating but since there was some that were cold, soggy and without sauce they get a FAIR/GOOD rating.  Overall for a wing night special these were decent wings and I would get them again.  I think I will have to get them soon when the bocce season starts up again this month.

No comments: