Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Looking Glass Lounge

Looking Glass Lounge
3634 Georgia Ave NW
GOOD/EXCELLENT
 
I was on my way to Petworth for a book club meeting at the Public Library when I decided I had some time before the meeting.  What better way to kill time than to stop and grab some wings to eat.  I went into Looking Glass Lounge because the last time I was there I only had a couple beers during the epic Inagur-crawl me and few friends went on (Scott, Tammy and Lauren). 
 
The menu offers two types of wings, Buffalo or BBQ and they are both served as one pound of wings.  I decided to go traditional and get the Buffalo wings because I prefer hot wings over a BBQ wings any day. 

WING REVIEW:
When the wings came out they were a perfect size, meaty and pretty tasty.  The outside of the wings were decently crispy with a spicy sauce that reminded me of the flavors in Franks Hot Sauce.  The Buffalo sauce has the vinegar tingle that hits your noise, the heat and spice that burns a bit but not too much that made eating all the wings unbearable.  The wings were also served with both carrots and celery on the side with ranch or blue cheese to dip them in. 

 
Overall Looking Glass Lounge has great beers on tap, whiskey flights which I prefer and very tasty wings.  The wings at Looking Glass are a wing I could get on a regular basis and never be disappointed.  GOOD/EXCELLENT

No comments: