Thursday, March 7, 2013

Meridian Pint

Meridian Pint-website
3400 11th St NW
GOOD

I really need to expand my horizons more and go to other parts of the city.  So in an effort to do that I decided to travel north on the green line. I know not too risky since I already live on the green line and I didn’t go too far since I only went to Columbia Heights/Petworth!  I went to Meridian Pint as one of my stops on a bar crawl and ordered some wings while we were there.  When they came out they were a decent meaty size and looked appetizing.  The wings are not breaded which I do prefer since the breading usually just takes away from the actual meat and sauce flavor.  The wings had a good flavor balance of spices and vinegar that gave the wings a little bite. The meat was tender and juicy and not overcooked at all.  I was glad that these wings came out with a healthy balance of sauce, not too much but not too little.  You could taste the sticky sauce but it was overpowering that it drowned the wings out.  The dipping sauce on the side was unique.  I am not sure what it really was but I would describe it as blue cheese dressing with dill weed mixed in, different but good.  I would for sure get these wings again. They are decent and a good bite to eat. GOOD

No comments: